Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Walking alone by Atlanta

There are many things that are surprising me every day of this city, but the most significant is the fact that sometimes, this city looks like a ghost city. My reason to say that is that all the times i have been walking trough the different streets of Atlanta, i had never seen other people walking too, maybe i have seen some few persons waiting for the bus, but in a city as big as Atlanta it feelings strange. I never see people on monday or tuesday or friday, runnig to their companies or jobs, having lunch at noon or walking with their pets at the evening. On weekends i had not seen people walking too. At the beginning i was sad because i said to my self: This city is really bored, but now, i know the reason which people don't walk: Everyone has a car !. In my country, due to the big traffic, people use public transportation everyday and you can see people walking very fast and running for every place , i think is something similar like in New York. At present, i don't know what is better between a big mass of people walking and invading my space or a street alone with almost two or tree persons and me, walking quietly and free with all the city just for me.

No comments: